What work can Student Ambassadors do?
At Greenwich we employ over 350 ambassadors to support our staff across the university. The opportunities involve working with a variety of age groups both on and off campus. These include:
- Mentoring in schools
- Careers fairs and exhibitions
- University Open Days, campus tours and taster days
- Awards Ceremonies
- Student Connect
- STAART, supporting disabled students
- Care leaver support
- Office-based administrative roles
- Supporting university marketing campaigns.
Student Ambassadors are our most powerful brand advocates. You are role models and use your personal experiences to support and advise prospective students on university life.
How many hours can I work?
Most students can work up to 20 hours per week. This may vary depending upon your availability, the number of shifts available, and how proactive you are in seeking work.
Work is available throughout the year, including evenings, weekends and during holiday periods.
The scheme is flexible, so you can apply for roles you are interested in based on your academic timetable.
What are the benefits?
Becoming a Student Ambassador is a great opportunity that will enhance your appeal to future employers. The benefits include:
- Experience that prepares you for the workplace, including the recruitment process.
- Flexibility: enjoy flexible part-time employment while you study.
- Skills: develop your skills such as communication and teamwork.
- Training: you'll gain specialist training as a Student Ambassador.
- Contacts: make new friends and expand your professional network.
- References: gain valuable references for future job applications.
- Careers support from our Employability and Careers Service, which cares about your career development as much as you do.
How do I apply?
you must attend one of our Student
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.s in September (login required).
You don't need any previous experience to apply. You will go through a full recruitment process and successful applicants will be provided with full training.
Annual recruitment timetable:
- September –
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.s begin.
- October – Shortlisted candidates attend an Assessed Training session.
- November – Student Ambassadors begin specialised training for their role.
How can I improve my chances of selection?
We receive a lot of applications each year, so it's worth taking the time to write a strong application statement to help you stand out.
will also need to attend an
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.s (Login required)">
Internal Server Error
For further support with your application or for enquiries about the role, please contact us.
I'm involved in projects that are trying to help young people get education and that is an amazing feeling and has made me a better person.
The team are a delight and will always make you feel welcome and help you. My advice would be to be yourself, be confident and believe in your abilities!
I wanted to inspire students to reach their potential, to go far, to be determined and follow what they want to do and to achieve that higher level.
My confidence has risen loads. Presenting to anyone used to be my worst nightmare. Now, it is one of my favourite aspects of the job.
Jobs with Greenwich Students' Union
Student positions are perfect for University of Greenwich students who want to support their studies with flexible, part-time work.
Opportunities with Charlton Athletic
Our partnerships with Charlton Athletic Football Club and its Community Trust create exciting opportunities for students.
Committed careers support
Discover how our Careers Service can support you throughout your degree and give you the foundations to build your future career.